STARGAZING : A LEGACY STORY

9:04 PM

ALEXIS KLETJIAN LUCKY STAR RING IN ROSE GOLD
On the anniversary of Lucky Star, I am honored to share another legacy story with you.  

Lauren was the first legacy winner, and although she knew she would choose a design from the Lucky Star collection, she patiently waited to be the first to preview the new designs for her finial decision.  Ultimately, Lauren chose my classic vintage-inspired Lucky Star ring in rose gold and brilliant diamonds to represent her family, and their connection to stars. 

In her own words, I will let Lauren share her legacy story with you...

I thank my lucky stars...
When our son was born our life was a whirlwind. I, quite literally, had one week to complete my final papers for my Master's Degree and my husband had just finished working on a political campaign (his "side" job for the previous 9 months).  Although we prepared the perfect nursery and dutifully attended all of the hospital classes, we had had little time to imagine how life would be with our new baby.  

So, when we got home from the hospital we found ourselves camped out in our bedroom trying to figure out our new normal of sleepless nights and endless feedings.  During those first few weeks, our TV played the new Cosmos series with Neil deGrasse Tyson on a loop.  It didn't require a lot of attention on our part and the music helped all three of us nap throughout the day (also, we were hoping our baby boy was learning through osmosis ;)).


When our son was 7 months old, we took our first vacation away from our son.  While we were in Moab, we did an amazing stargazing excursion.  We could see the Milky Way with our naked eye, and amazing stars and planets with the telescope.  At the end of the tour, our guide quoted Neil deGrasse Tyson,

"The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust."
ALEXIS KLETJIAN LUCKY STAR RING IN ROSE GOLD
When I won this amazing giveaway, I knew I had to have a lucky star ring.  Currently, there are three of us lucky "stars" in our family, and this ring will always remind me of thees memories, and of how lucky I am.  


Thank you, Lauren, for being the first Legacy winner!  


Have YOU entered the AK Legacy Campaign?
Send me your personal story with jewelry 
or 
A milestone you wish to commemorate next 
to win $1,000 in jewelry

Learn more about the AK Legacy Campaign

You Might Also Like

0 comments