SONAS : A LEGACY STORY

8:26 PM

ALEXIS KLETJIAN CUSTOM DOG TAG IN ROSE GOLD, DIAMONDS AND BLACK SPINEL
Happiness is something you feel, an indescribable emotion that can be shared, understood.  I believe people come into your life when you need them the most.  Perhaps for friendship, laughter, or love - whatever you may need when your paths cross.  

Our family has been through many years of emotional losses, and I needed drastic change to shift the energy, to try and get our happy back...  

The day Sinead Butler came into our lives was the day our lives took new direction.  She was (is) our realtor, yet it was never a sign here, initial here, type of relationship.  Sinead did more than sell our home for us, she brought us laughter and distraction in a very sad time in our lives.  Ultimately, she became our friend.

Everything happens for a reason, and I am happy it does.  If she wasn't in the office that day, (which I learned later she usually is not) I am positive we would not be where we are today, in a better state of mind.  You may think I am giving my realtor too much power over my emotions, but you and I know the right person always shows up, when you need them.  

The only way we knew how to truly thank Sinead for going above and beyond was to give her a sentimental piece of us.  

The rest I will let Sinead tell you, as she so thoughtfully wrote this story to share...


SINEAD WITH HER BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN
My legacy...

I want to pick so many things as my legacy!  I want to empower my children so they will be bold, strong, kind, true to their souls and believe in themselves always.  They are, after all, what we leave behind us when we are gone.  I want laughter and fun to be my legacy.  The strength of family, with its bonds and memories and the ache I feel when I know I will not see them for a while - the downside of being an immigrant.  But most of all I am drawn to happiness, how it makes me feel, how it makes others smile with their eyes, how it makes the world go around.  Yes, happiness - with a little crazy - is my legacy.

I met Alexis when she employed me to find a home for her family.  I had my professional hat on and I tried hard to keep it on as buying or selling a house can bring up many emotions for clients, it's best for their realtor to focus on the job at hand.  It soon became apparent that this would be impossible as Alexis and her husband, Garrett, were full of fun, laughter, intelligence, and 'happiness'. They made my job easy and I found myself enjoying every minute of their company.  Let's just say this is not necessarily the 'norm' in real estate.

When we closed on a house they were selling they presented me with a gift.  The first of a new design for Alexis, a dog tag with diamonds and black spinels.  I was so flabbergasted I babbled on for a while and later sat in my car and cried.  

The fact that they had given me a gift at all pushed me over the edge.  Alexis later had it engraved with the irish word 'sonas', which as I'm sure you can guess, means 'happiness'.


ALEXIS KLETJIAN CUSTOM DOG TAG
Thank You, Sinead, for everything you are and more...

You Might Also Like

0 comments