LEGACY STORY : CIRCLE OF LOVE

11:12 AM


When I launched the Legacy Campaign in January, I greatly underestimated the power of jewelry, and the connection we have to our beloved pieces.  I always knew it was powerful, but the way your stories have impacted my own life was unexpected.  I wrote about it in a previous post which you can read here.

The Legacy Campaign has given me fresh perspective, and a deeper connection to my collectors that I will be forever grateful for.  Due to their personal nature, not every Legacy story entered is meant to be shared, but today I have a Legacy story from Karen, one of the AK Legacy winners, and the piece of jewelry she chose to adorn her legacy.

Before I get to her story, I want to tell you a little of how I choose each winner, again.

Your stories are powerful, and I cannot simply choose them based on what moves me to tears, or what I feel a connection with.  Who am I do decide what is more important?  So, I choose randomly, with a name on a paper, and the universe decide for me.  After a few turns of the golden drum, Karen's name flew out, and sent shivers up my spine.

ALEXIS KLETJIAN LEGACY CAMPAIGN.  YOUR NAMES STAY IN THIS DRUM ALL YEAR!
I had my winner; I was so excited to share the news with her.  What I didn't know was Karen was bedridden for a week, suffering a terrible cold, and this was the exact pick-me-up she needed.  It took her a few days to even realize she won!  I am sure it would be nice for us all to receive something special when we are not at our best, but the story goes deeper.  

I will let Karen tell you in her own words...

My name is Karen and My Legacy is to continue to raise a strong, confident daughter who follows her heart, and her dreams.  I want to teach my daughter everyday that no matter what challenges she comes up against in her life, she can make it to her goals by believing in herself, being passionate about her path, never giving up and always remembering that she has the love and support of her family, cheering her on.  

I chose a beautiful solid gold bangle because it was the perfect next addition to my collection.  I have been collecting jewelry for many years, usually pieces that speak to me, have a special history, and/or are timeless.  Amongst my pieces, I have two special gold bangles that my mother gave me.  

My mother gave me the bangles when I was moving away from my home town to another city.  I have always looked at them as her "protection" for me.  When she gave them to me, she mentioned that some cultures wear two, or more, together to bring good karma and luck.  I never take them off. I guess I am superstitious about it, but I feel like they really have kept me safe all these years.

This bangle stack will eventually be passed down to my daughter when the time is right.  I call it Future Vintage.  She might wear it, be inspired everyday, and remember how much I love her when she looks at them on her wrist, or when she hears them "jingle" together.  Maybe they can become her legacy to pass down...
ALEXIS KLETJIAN CLASSIC SLIP ON BANGLE, SHOWN WITH KAREN'S OWN BANGLES
I have been wearing my new bangle on my wrist for the past few weeks, since I received it.  When I was looking through your gorgeous art, I knew that I had to add one of your bangles to my stack. Every time I look at it, I love it, and what it stands for in our lives.  It is such a special piece to me, thank you for being part of our legacy life story, and letting us be part of yours!



Thank you, Karen!

This September Karen will turn 40, a milestone in her life.  I am honored my bangle is now part of her Legacy Stack where her mother, daughter, and herself, are all represented, making beautiful music together.
You can be the next Legacy winner, just send in your story and let fate decide!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments