IN DEEP

9:18 PM


An opening sentence sets the tone for conversation, yet I struggle with the correct words to express myself, so lets just get to it...

Last week my inbox began to fill with your stories, some so beautifully written, and I greatly underestimated how emotional the AK Legacy campaign would be.  This is when I knew we were in deep, together. 

Every afternoon I sat with your words and through two stories in particular, I actually had to shut the laptop and redirect myself, it was so moving.  At that moment, all of me understood just how important our Legacy is, to each of us.

Legacy is a big word that describes what we stand for and who we are - in mind, body and soul.  

Through your vivid storytelling, I was able to put myself in your shoes, feel your celebrations, losses, memories, and milestones - all worthy of being commemorated in the form of something to be passed down, cherished.  

How could I choose between each of you?  

From a simple mother's love story, to one of triumph and perseverance, how could I decide who should win?  All week it weighed heavily, because we are all worthy of adorning our legacy, so I went old school and let fate decide.  

A name in a bowl.  Simple and fair.  

There are many more chances to win, so please stay tuned, because it is only January and we already accomplished this in ONE WEEK!  I want to thank each and every one of you for your time, and your stories, which will remain in my heart forever.

Lauren Madera, you are the first AK Legacy winner!  Check your email. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments