THE STYLE LAB : PANTONE COLORS

12:06 AM


Spring trends heavily rely on the color forecasting services by Pantone, the authority on color.  This Winter, Pantone named Peace and Serenity their 2016 colors of the year.  Let's preface this by stating I am not a pastels person, which you probably already know by now.  I usually gravitate towards an all neutral palate come Spring, or strong, saturated colors in the the Winter and Fall, for my accessories and fine jewelry to take center stage. 

Using my background in fashion design and styling, this was the perfect opportunity to show you how these colors can easily be translated into your own (non pastel) life layered through fashion, gemstones, and precious metals in a dueling day and night STYLE LAB.


STYLE LAB featuring Alexis Kletjian Jewelry

Rose Quartz and Serenity are easily worn as soft sweaters and jeans, for your comfortable, casual lifestyle.  As a designer and busy mom, I prefer to be comfortable, in wearable styles that can take me from day, into the night, if I choose.  However, on the occasional date and girls night, these colors lend themselves well to a chic polished vibe, reserved for the most iconic classics.


STYLE LAB featuring Alexis Kletjian Jewelry

You'll find these styles in every store, at price points high and low.  From Burberry to H & M, you can layer this trend seamlessly into your wardrobe, for seasons to come.  I could go on and show you further how to style these colors through beautiful european draping, cocooning cashmere, street-style suedes, and my favorite, the urban chic.  But, we are here for the jewels, right?  

Let us master the trend by using this season's color palate as a jumping off point to mix your metals.  Just a hint, I always put white gold in the middle to play off the rose and yellow gold hues.  I think it is easier on your eye, it differentiates the golds, giving it a modern, romantic look.  But, you could mix in some black for a little edge, I like that, too.

Click on the image and/or descriptions to take you to the collections on the website. 
I hope you enjoyed this STYLE LAB, there are more within the archives.


ALEXIS KLETJIAN LUCKY STAR RINGS

ALEXIS KLETJIAN FINE JEWELRY COLLECTION, IN MIXED METALS
ALEXIS KLETJIAN LUCKY STAR STUDS

ALEXIS KLETJIAN LUCKY STAR STUDS IN ROSE GOLD AND DIAMOND
ALEXIS KLETJIAN DIAMOND INITIAL CHARMS

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I never liked yellow and rose gold together until I saw this blog post. Thank you! Great tip. - Anya (@gemfever) :)

    ReplyDelete